Sunday, February 24, 2013

There's One in Every Crowd

The other day, in leadership class, the instructor told us to write something at the upper left hand corner of the page, and I wrote it in the upper right.  I may have been not paying attention, or it may have been because I never have learned to tell my left hand from my right very well (I must've been absent the day they covered that in kindergarten).  Seriously, I have to check my hands to see which one has a wedding ring on it.  But anyway, for whatever reason, I wrote it in the wrong place.  I found out what I had done when the instructor told us to write something else in the exact same place I'd just written something.  I knew then that I had goofed, and I raised my hand and stopped the instructor, told her what I'd done, and asked her to repeat the instructions.  This was the third or fourth time I had caused the poor woman trouble, but she handled it with aplomb, of course, telling me to just draw arrows.  But then she said something that kind of made me feel good.  She said to the rest of the class, "There's one in every crowd!" 

Now, I have heard that expression lots of times, but not usually about me.  It actually made me feel kind of good to be the cut-up, the trouble-maker, the fun one.  When she said that about me, it made me wonder, "Does this mean I am coming out of my shell, or does it mean that I should go back in?"

I don't know.  What do you think?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment